OPEC provides a range of accessories to enhance the performance and assist in the configuration of the mop skimmer systems. These accessories allow the mop to be positioned accurately as well as aid in the collection of the recovered oil.
|| Used to determine the flow pattern of the mop in emergency spill operations for horizontal deployment of the mop.
|| For fixed installations to position the mop.
|| Used for fixed installations and emergency response to vertically deploy the mop.
|Hinged Wind Canopy
|| A windshield to prevent oil being blown outside of the polluted area.
|| Constructed to accurately position the skimmer in fixed installations.
|Recovered Oil Storage Tanks
|| Large tanks to temporarily store the recovered oil, in fixed installations.
The photograph shows to good effect the simplicity and straightforward design of the 'FP31B Tail Pulley'. The frame is galvanised tubular steel and the pulley wheel is polypropylene.
FP31B Floating Pulleys…
- Are for use in emergency deployment installations
- Minimise abrasion of the mop material
- Ensure maximum efficiency of the equipment installed
- Suitable for creating bund around on-site working equipment which can stand inside the bund if required
- Allow the mop configurations to be altered easily by the lengthening or shortening of tension ropes
There are two types of OPEC Guide Rollers:
GR6 - A fixed rotational float which moves the mop in a desired configuration
VFR - A float which encompasses a special frame that allows the roller to float on the interface of the water and oil regardless of the level of water present. This type of guide roller is used where the water level fluctuates so that the mop is always positioned correctly in the water.
- Are for fixed installations
- Are produced with a variety of mounting arrangements
- Are bespoke to the requirements of the installation
- Minimise abrasion of the mop
- Maximise efficiency of the mop skimmer systems
The outrigger arms are used for both fixed installations and emergency response to allow the mop to be vertically deployed. The main reason for this is to create a further 1 metre (approximately) of mop on the oil/water surface thus allowing for further adsorption of the floating oils or chemicals. This increases the efficiency and effectiveness of vertically deployed permanent mop skimmer installations.
Outrigger arms can be single or double roller and are usually 1 metre in length.
Single outrigger arm - OR1
Double outrigger arm - OR 2
Hinged Wind Canopy
- Prevents oil from being blown outside of the polluted area
- Can be easily removed for maintenance of the machine
- Improves efficiency of oil retention of the mop
- Is an added safety feature especially in hazardous environments
Mounting Frames are exclusively for permanent installations to position the skimmer directly over the oil/water surface. The mounting frame's main purpose is safety in maintenance. The ST Tanks are fitted with nylon wheels which allow the skimmer to be retracted from its deployment position via the mounting frame channels for general maintenance.
Recovered Oil Storage Tanks
These tanks are for use in permanent installations. Unlike the OPEC range of Flexitanks and Pillow Tanks which are for emergency response situations.
The tanks are fabricated in mild steel and are made to order depending on the installation requirements.
They are designed to be incorporated below the mop skimmer machine so that the recovered oil in the ST Tank can be gravity fed by a flexible hose and collected in the storage tank which can then be either pumped into road tankers or piped to another destination for the next stage of the recovery process
Home / Products / Equipment Accessories