What is it?
"Wap-Flaro is a waste
heat powered chilled water production facility"
What does this mean?
Wap-Flaro (WF) is a large
refrigeration plant. Its sole purpose is to produce cold
water to reduce the temperature of an industrial process.
In many industries the use of cold water is a luxury as
it increases efficiencies and profitability of production
as well as reducing water usage.
The major advantage of WF is that it uses waste as a fuel.
This vastly reduces the cost of producing cold water. This
has been the major disadvantage of installing many of the
current refrigeration systems.
The benefits of using this apparatus are vast. As an oil
refinery facility the system will virtually eliminate the
need for a flare stack (aside from safety reasons) and also
the apparent waste gas will be converted into a usable commodity.
This system therefore not only contributes to environmental
awareness of today's society but does so with large economical
With this piece of apparatus a Company's image can be enhanced
whilst at the same time increasing efficiencies and substantially
WF is an auxiliary apparatus, which is used for generating
low-temperature liquid e.g. 1~ 10°c water or other
similar media by means of jet refrigeration an attractive
alternative to conventional refrigeration systems.
The most efficient use of WF is in oil refineries
to increase the recovery rate of valuable refinery
gases such as Propane, Propylene, Butane, and Butene.
See Working Principle for more information on how
the system operates.
The fact that WF is powered by waste steam from existing
available sources means that the operating expenses
are quite low. Management, manpower, process water
and nominal power costs are the only additional items
of expense. Therefore, it is capable of providing
great benefits to the users, especially to the oil
refineries for recovering refinery gases, as well
as the reduction of emission impacts on the environment
from the torch, which is usually required.
WF has filed patent in the US, U.K and Taiwan. Three
oil refineries in China have already installed this
system for the recovery of refinery gases. The first
of these units has been in operation since 1987. In
addition to these 3 successful installations in oil
refineries, some 8 other successful installations
for different applications are also in operation.
See user list.
The main principal of WF is to increase the heat transfer
rate whilst simultaneously reducing the volume of
water used. This is achieved by increasing the working
efficiency of heat exchangers and/or condensers of
an existing process. This applies particularly to
oil refineries and petrochemical plants as well as
rayon fibre production, paper industries, pharmaceutical
processes, meat packing, food processing, thermal
power plants and so on.
NOTE: WF can be applied to any industrial process
where chilled water is needed and waste steam is available.
The points below
summarize the advantages of using an energy efficient refrigeration
The main advantages
of using WF chilled water are:
- Increasing Profitability
- Conserving Energy
- Reducing Water Usage
- Maximising Efficiency of an Existing Process
- Utilising Waste
- Minimizing Waste
- Recovering Product with a Market Value
- Compliance with Kyoto Protocol and other global environmental
- Compliance with local government directives avoiding
- Compliance with ISO14001
- Greatly increases number of Carbon Credits for Emission
- Enforces a Company's Green Policies
- Adhering to Corporate Responsibility and the Duty owed
to all Stakeholders
- Enhancing a Company's Environmental Image to local communities
and the general public
- Increasing profitability and reducing environmental
impact will enhance awareness among existing and potential
- Leading the way in an industry to create a competitive
edge over other competitors
WF uses state of the art technology to
achieve greater profitability, overcome existing inefficiencies,
reduce water usage and above all reduce humankind's contribution
to the global warming crisis.
In this case Pollution Prevention does Pay
General Points to Consider for WF Technology:
- WF is patented technology
- It is completely stand alone to the flow of an industrial
- A self contained unit
- Designed to be used as a plug-in facility
- Core components have no moving parts reducing the need
for regular maintenance
- Individually designed to meet local conditions and capacity
- Running costs are low - there is no additional fuel
- Manpower is minimal
- Only needs very low pressure steam and water to operate
- Fully automated using a digital control system
- Multifunctional - can be utilized for many processes
within an industry
- Modular - Additional units can be added to the plant
to increase capacity at a later date
- Long life span - depending on local conditions can be
up to 25 years
- Proven technology since 1987
Home / Products
/ Jet Refrigeration / WF