The mop is made from polypropylene which is specially constructed to form a large surface area ‘net’ to encapsulate the oil on the surface of the water. The mop is made to any length required from 2m-120m long. This is an endless loop, factory joined which is rotated and squeezed by the mop skimmer drive unit (skimmer head). The liquids are squeezed off from the skimmer head and processed through the ST5 oil/water separator tank (water decanter) mounted underneath. Any free water is returned to the place it was collected and concentrated oils, fats or greases are sent to the rear of the tank for either gravity feeding a tank or further pumping to another area for collection.
The skimmer head can be powered by any electric drive. Hydraulic, air and diesel options are also available.
Mops are made in either black or white material. Black is specifically for heavier/sticky oils. The white mop is more general purpose and able to collect lighter oils such as diesel and kerosene.
It is designed to operate 24/7.
In many cases we manufacture to order with bespoke accessories to suit the clients needs such as bunded collection tanks, mounting frame work, electrical control gear (panels, sensors etc) as well as our separator scraper unit which is popular for FOG removal in the food industry when viscosity is too high to keep the collected materials moving.
- Tried and tested design since the 1970’s
- Uses endless looped mops. No need to join on site using our quick mop install function
- Low power consumption
- ATEX Certified zone 1 model available
- Up to 40m lift
- Up to 120m length
- Versatile design – mops deployed either vertically down holes or horizontally across interceptors, lakes etc
- Can sweep very large areas using pulley or guide rollers
- Built in separator/decanter unit to concentrate oil collection
- Not affected by floating debris
- Works 24/7
- 25 lifetime guarantee
- Stainless steel construction
- Rugged hard wearing components to withstand tough environments
- After sales support and service contracts
- Large stock of spare parts available for next day delivery
- Machines available for hire